Information About Court Fines
Municipal Court has included a list of court fines and fees, which can be viewed using Adobe Acrobat Reader. (Click here to see the fee schedule)
The fine is doubled for violations that occur in a construction or maintenance zone when workers are present.
Additional charges will apply for failure to appear violations and arrest warrants will be issued.
For fines that are not listed, please contact the Municipal Court at 979-415-2757 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment of Fines, Fees & Restitution
If you do not wish to appear in court but wish only to pay the amount of your citation, you may do so on or before 10 days from receiving your citation.
You may choose to:
- Pay by mail – You can mail in your fine, fee, or restitution payment to:
Lake Jackson Municipal Court
5-B Oak Drive
Lake Jackson, Texas 77566
- Pay in Person – You can pay in person from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, except for legal holidays.
- Pay via drop box – You can pay after hours or on weekends, with a money order or cashier's check, by dropping the payment in the drop box located at the Municipal Court building.
- Pay using an automated phone system – You can pay by credit/debit card (MasterCard or Visa) by calling 1-888-827-4245. You will need to have your citation number and the amount to be paid before calling and making your payment.
Payment may be made by cash (in person), personal check (with photo identification), cashier’s check, money order, credit/debit card (with photo identification-MasterCard or Visa). Checks should be made payable to the City of Lake Jackson.
If you choose to pay the fine, the payment of a fine will result in a finding of guilt by the Municipal Court.
If you are interested in a payment agreement, please complete the Request for Payment Agreement. You will need your citation to complete this request.
NOTE: You are not eligible for a payment agreement if:
- You are requesting to take a driving safety course, or
- You have an active warrant for your arrest
For additional information regarding payment agreements, please contact the court at 979-415-2757 or email@example.com.