The Engineering Department provides project management and engineering support services for Public Works and other city departments. This includes, but not limited to:
- Construction and Right of Way improvements
- Construction management, including inspections for a variety of city projects
- Design development
- Planning, preparing and administering current and future Bond Projects
- Plan review for developments by private individuals and/or corporations
- Plan specifications
- Preparation of bid and contract documents
The department is also responsible for the construction management of various (CIP) Capital Improvement Plan projects, which include, but not limited to:
- Municipal facilities
- Sanitary sewers
- Street and drainage improvements
- Wastewater treatment facility
- Water systems
Working alongside the Planning Commission, the Engineering Department reviews and critiques site, landscape, and plat plans for all Residential, Commercial, and Industrial developments two (2) acres and larger ensuring City standards and ordinances are adhered to.
The Engineering Department also oversees the Geographic Information System (GIS) development.
We work directly with the Public Works Department to ensure that the City's infrastructure is constructed to the highest standards. We are also committed to protect the City's environment, ensure public health and safety and the enhancement for the quality of life for our citizens.