Cycles & Due Dates
Lake Jackson is divided into four sections for billing, called cycles. Water utility bills are processed and mailed out for one of the four cycles each Friday. Each cycle has its due date which always falls on a Tuesday.
- Cycle 1 is the first Tuesday of the month by 2 p.m.
- Cycle 2 is the second Tuesday of the month by 2 p.m.
- Cycle 3 is the third Tuesday of the month by 2 p.m.
- Cycle 4 is the fourth Tuesday of the month by 2 p.m.
Standard Payment & Billing Policy
Each month the customer receives a utility bill. The bill is due 18 days from the actual Friday bill date by 2 p.m.
The due date is always a Tuesday at 2 p.m. Each cycle will have a different due date, but the due date for each will always be a Tuesday.
Past Due Notice
This notice is a reminder to the customer payment was not received by 2 p.m. on the Tuesday due date. The account receives a 10% penalty after 2 p.m. This notice is mailed out the Friday of the due week and it shows the delinquent amount plus the penalty. It also warns of the upcoming cut date. The customer has 15 days from the original due date to pay the balance before being disconnected.
The cut date is always Wednesday, two weeks after the due date.
Meter Readers & Reading
We currently have three meter readers. They are responsible for walking Lake Jackson (each of its four sections / cycles) to read each resident's water meter. Each week they read one of the four cycles so each cycle is read once monthly. The week after they read a cycle it is processed for billing. The readers use hand held devices and electric probe devices to record the readings which are then uploaded into the billing system in the water department.
Senior Citizens Discounts
Seniors, age 65 and older, are eligible to sign up to receive a discount equal to 40% of the base water and sewer bill. The form is available in the water department. To sign up, please bring your driver's license for verification.
There are several ways to pay your water bill.
- We offer bank drafting. Your account will be drafted every month on the due date. You will still receive a copy of your bill in the mail. Complete an application and return it to the water department.
- We accept credit card payments. You can come see us at City Hall or .
- You can mail your payment by check to:
25 Oak Drive
Lake Jackson, TX 77566
- You may drop your payment off at City Hall, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- If you need to bring the payment after hours, we have a night drop located near the drive-thru window.
If you have further questions, please contact a customer service representative at 979-415-2434.