Residential garbage is picked up at the curb twice weekly. Garbage must be placed in plastic bags and closed tightly. Please, no trash cans and no bags larger than the 35-gallon size. Generally, if you live North of Oyster Creek Drive, your household garbage is picked up on Monday and Thursday. If you live South of Oyster Creek Drive, your household garbage is picked up on Tuesday and Friday. Please see lists below.
In order to continue to provide quality garbage and recycling services, please assist us by following these sanitation rules.
• Place household garbage at the curb for collection no earlier than 5:00 a.m. or no later than 8:00 a.m., the morning of your scheduled pick-up.
• Please avoid placing garbage on or near meter boxes, vault boxes, irrigation boxes, manhole covers, and fire hydrants.
• Keep recycling blue bags separate from your household garbage on the curb on recycling days.
• Use garbage bags 10-35 gallon in size for household garbage collections. NO GARBAGE CANS. Reserve blue bags for recycling only.
• Any sharp items should not be placed in plastic garbage bags without being properly contained first. Example: needles, broken glass, etc.
• No household hazardous materials i.e., paint, pesticides, anti-freeze or toxic cleaners.
You can purchase 33-gallon trash bags at City Hall. They cost $6.00 for a roll of 50. You may also purchase 13-gallon blue recycle bags for $6.00 for a roll of 50.
Household garbage is picked up on all holidays except Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day. If your regular household garbage falls on one of these days, your garbage will be picked up on your next regularly scheduled day.